Saturday, September 08, 2007

Dorm kitchen cooking

Well, now that I live in Mullins Dorm on Southern's Campus (actually it is for Boyce College girls) - I cook in a kitchen for a lot of people. Not that I've seen many people in it - but that doesn't mean anything. Everything takes longer. The stove must not work real well because it took me about 30 minutes to boil a pot of water - and it was on high. I deboned a rotisserie chicken from Wal-Mart. I made a whole batch of pasta salad (whole wheat penne, chicken, seeded half moon cuks, diced green peppers, cherry tomatoes - whole because my knife was not sharp enough to cut them in half - diced carrots, and ff italian dressing). It made about 8 cups so that will be my meals for the next week along with PBJ sandwiches, granola bars, fruit, and canned veggies. Don't worry - I'm going to Walmart again today - but this time to a SW in IN.

Oh the joys!

No comments: