Sunday, January 27, 2008

Really good chili

Favorite chili so far - regular that is. I altered the recipe a tad, but I got it (secondhand) from a guy in White Plains names John. Thanks John for having a dad who likes "good salsa, good chili, and good spice". What makes this chili even better is that it is done in a crockpot - so you don't have waste your whole Saturday.

1 Wick Fowler chili spice pack (2 alarm pack but leave out the red pepper) I found this where I also found the regular chili or other sauce packets. I was so excited!
1 tbsp paprika
2 tsp cumin
6 cloves garlic - chopped
1 onion - chopped
1 can dark red kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can light red kidney beans
1 can rotel (I used mild, but hot would be fine too)
1 28oz can diced tomatoes
1 28oz can tomato sauce
1 small can tomato paste
1 lb boneless stew meat
1 lb ground pork

Brown meat and drain. Drain beans. Mix paste with 3/4 can large can of water). Dump it all into a crock pot. Stir to make sure all the spices are evenly distributed. Cook on high for 6 hours.
I served with sourdough bread, cheese, and sour cream. Lots of leftovers. Its really good.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Just wondering if you have a white chicken chili recipe.

kd said...

http://kimsstateoffood.blogspot.com/2006/11/white-chicken-chili.html