Sunday, December 27, 2009

Taste of Cross Creek: The Yearling




This may have been the longest I have ridden in a car just to eat dinner. Fam and I drove up to Alachua County (near Gainesville) to eat at Cross Creek's The Yearling. This restaurant is near Marjorie Rawlings' homestead near Cross Creek and Lake George (I think). It is out in the middle of nowhere.

Here are the positives of the night:
I didn't have to pay (thanks Dad)
Fried green tomatoes
honey mustard sauce
sauteed shrooms and onions for the steak
the hushpuppies (I had 1 1/2)
the juiciness of the steak
the music (best)

Here are some of the negatives:
the price (way over priced for what you get)
how well my steak was cooked (I asked for medium, I got well, no pink)

So, while I am glad I had the experience, I have no need or desire to return.

No comments: