Sunday, February 04, 2007

Superbowl food

GO COLTS!! I had a few of my girls over to watch the first half of the game and help me eat some food.
We had hummus, pita chips, veggies; oatmeal raisin cookies, fruit salad, Phyllis' baked mac and cheese, my brother's chicken wings, corn chips, chili (recipe to follow), salsa, diet coke. It was good.

I took this recipe from Rachel Ray - but then altered it and made it my own. It was yummy and spicy!

Chicken Chorizo Chili

1 pkg chorizo sausage (1 lb)
Olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
2 T chili powder
1 T cumin
1 whole chicken, cooked and chopped in small pieces
1 14oz can petite diced tomatoes
1 can rotel
1 bottle Amber Bock beer
1/2 rotel can of water
1 T garlic powder

Turn of pan of olive oil. Cook sausage for about 10 minutes. Put in onion and red pepper and cook about 5 more minutes. Add in everything else and let simmer for about 25 minutes. Serve with corn chips, sour cream, and cheese as toppings. Yummy!

No comments: