Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sarah's Simple Hummus

My friend Sarah gave me an awesome recipe for hummus while we were in seminary and even though I have tweaked it over the years, I love her easy and simple recipe that is adaptable to many tastes. Thanks Sarah!

2 cans chick peas, drained
1/2-2/3 cup water
2 cloves garlic (to taste)
lemon
olive oil
salt
3 heaping tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)

In food processor - puree these in steps



garlic and water
1 can at a time of chick peas
tahini
lemon and salt (I just used 1/2 of a jumbo lemon - its juice of course!)
olive oil to taste


I like enjoying mine with carrots or celery, pita bread, or chips. It is healthy and full of protein.
Sarah also has given me recipes for curried chicken and rice and turkey enchiladas! Maybe I'll make those some and share the wealth! Thanks Sarah!

No comments: