Saturday, May 10, 2008

SImple Italian Salmon for 2

My Dad is a huge salmon fan - probably gets too many of those wonderful omega-3 fats that we all need. A new friend, Lauren, gave me this recipe - it is one of Giada's. I just cut it in half...

Simple Italian Salmon
2 5-oz salmon fillets
olive oil
1 shallot, chopped fine
1/2 can petite diced tomatoes
juice of half a lemon
salt/pepper
1/2 tsp oregano and thyme

Drizzle olive oil on one side of salmon and place it oil side down on a sheet of aluminum foil. Fold up sides (to make little packet). Mix of the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl - split between two salmon packets. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. Delicious! I served this with roasted asparagus and roasted red potatoes (all cook at the same temperature). Potatoes take a little longer. I zapped mine in the microwave for 2 minutes, or you can just put it in there before the asparagus and salmon.

No comments: