Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Apple Scones

This was just one of the many things I baked this weekend: fried apples, baked apples, apple cookies, apple bread, pumpkin scones, soup, oat bread, etc. This is one that turned out exceptionally well - I got the recipe from www.mrbreakfast.com - people, you gotta check out that www. It is great!

Apple Scones

1/2 stick cold butter chopped into pieces
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat germ (I knew I had this in my fridge for a rainy day)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon (I used a lot of that this weekend, must get more)
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 granny smith apple - chopped

Mix dry ingredients, cut butter in, make well in middle. Add egg and buttermilk. Fold in apples. Put in scone pan and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350 in lightly sprayed pan for 20 minutes or until brown. Enjoy! :)
(Carol - there is your recipe!)

No comments: