Thursday, January 25, 2007

Asian Food Week

This week - actually the first half of this week - I had a ton of asian food. My only complaint really was that they only have white rice, empty carbs. Oh, well.

I went to Chai's on Monday with Kristin. We shared edamame - which their's is so good. I don't know if it is the cooking process or the salt - but they are great and healthy! Then I had the chicken rice bowl with Thai yellow curry. I love that stuff. We then got bubble teas - look below for a thought on those. I had my leftover Chai's yesterday for lunch - I actually think it is better warmed up and mixed all together. Flavor melding going on! :)

Tuesday for lunch was Shanghai's with Cortnee. It was ok - not the best Chinese food I've had. The soup was good - but I like Charley's (now out of business in Chapel Hill) corn egg drop better. This didn't have the corn in it. The fried things you put on top were good. I had the Kung Pao chicken with rice. It was good - but nothing to write home about.

Tuesday night I went with Anne to Bali Hai - a Mongolian place in the 9th street district here in Durham. It was very good. Great price, less than 7$ for dinner for a huge portion. You fill your bowl up with all the veggies and meat you could want (all raw) then you tell them what kind of sauce you want and they cook it for you. I had a bowl piled high of veggies and a little bit of meat with a combo sauce of sweet and spicy. I had it medium grade spicy on a scale of 1-10. I enjoyed it very much! It was great.

So, all that being said - I think I'm done with Asian food for a while - but it was good while it lasted.

No comments: