Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Cinnichip scones

Go Mom and me - we make a good team!
I made some scones early in the evening from the new Southern Living cookbook - baked oatmeal scones - not too good, just not a good flavor - they were missing something, don't know what.
But, then I decided not to give them away, but abotu 930p I still wanted to bring something to St. Aug today, so we put our heads together and while I was watching House, Mom put them together. They were a maple-cinnamon chip-pecan scone (I finally used my Hershey's Cinnamon chips). They were some of the best scones ever made by me (or Mom). I tasted them while I was talking to Melanie on the phone - so I have to bring her one. We may put a maple/10x sugar glaze on them today - but they are good just the way they are. They taste like my fave Fall ones from Starbucks.

Cinnichip scones

2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick cold butter, chunked
2/3 cup skim milk
1 egg
2/3 cup cinnimon chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 tsp maple extract

375, spray mini scone pan (or just be prepared to cut them out with biscuit cutters). Mix dry, cut in butter, stir in milk and egg. Add flavoring and additives. Spoon into scone pan. Bake for 18 minutes or until light brown.

Yummy! Don't eat them all at once.

No comments: