Friday, June 08, 2007

Bread and Other New Things

Well, this week has been trying new things. Thanks to Elizabeth Beeler I'm trying my hand at yeast (and in partial thanks to some cinnamon rolls at the Crums). I guess thanks needs to go to Ty too because we are using her bread machine.
Anyway...we've made just this week:
Regular White Bread
Banana Oatmeal Bread
Basil Parmesan Cheese Bread
Poppy Seed-Craisin Bread (it is in there right now)

Homemade apple chips - which Rach gave me from the Red Robin emails - they were good. Slice them real thin, make sure to dry them well - and they take a little longer than the recipe calls for (about an hour).

Tomorrow Mom is making peach brown betty for a cookout they are going to and I'm making Coconut Sour Cream pound cake for Connect in the Park on Sunday night.

So far...so good

kd

No comments: