Saturday, August 11, 2007

Rach's Granola


I got this for a Christmas present from my dear friend, Rach. Then she gave me the recipe - so now it is my first time trying it after mom and I finally got over to Whole Foods in Winter Park. It is so yummy and healthy!

Rach's Granola

4 cups oats
2 cups shaved unsweetened coconut (in the baking aisle at WF)
1 cup slivered or sliced almonds (plain)
1/2 cup honey
1 stick butter
2 tsp cinnamon
dash of salt
1 tsp vanilla


Mix first three together. Melt the rest over medium heat until all combined. Pour over and stir well. On a lightly greased cookie sheet, spread granola out. I had to use two cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn once during baking. Store in an airtight container and enjoy (or give) for a long time! :)

Thanks Rachael!

No comments: