Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New Baby Peach Cobbler


Well, as many posts were last week on peaches - I had to use the rest of them. I was sad to see them go, but this was a great cause. My friend Chris and Mindy had Baby Rylee on Friday, so I brought them a peach cobbler on Monday! (There is a Popeye character that says something like that!)
Peach Cobbler (adapted from Betty Crocker)
1/2 cup sugar
1 T cornstarch
sprinkle of cinnamon
7 medium-small peaches, unpeeled, slice
juice of half of a large lemon
scant 1/4 cup crisco
1 cup flour
1 T sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk

Bring peaches and syrup (all above peaches and lemon juice) to a boil over medium heat. Pour in ungreased casserole (2 qt). Then mix up the cobbler part and dollup over peaches. Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes. Take out and sprinkle with more cinnamon. Serve warm with ice cream!
Chris said it was good - so I'll take his word on it! :)
Congrats Chris and Mindy!

No comments: