Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Coconut Cake



Tomorrow is Dad's birthday, and one of his fave desserts is Coconut Cake. Today Mom and I made him one. For my personal taste, the cake part was a tad dry, but it was still a great cake. Thought I would share the frosting though - as it is a great staple. We took it from a southern living cookbook.

White Frosting


2 sticks butter, softened (use the real stuff, none of this oil spread junk)

8 cups sifted powdered sugar

1 tsp vanilla

about 3/4 cup of milk - till you get a spreadable consistency


I topped it with of course coconut, but also fresh cherries after using my favorite new tool - my cherry pitter. Actually it was a Christmas present for Dad, but he doesn't use it. I can't believe I've eaten cherries all this time without it.


Keep mixing - it is fantastic - although very sweet - seems to go right into your teeth! But, it was yummy!


No comments: