Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring Risotto with Asparagus and Lemon

Well, its almost Spring here in L-ville.
Bobby gave me some lemons from his tree when I was home last so I had to use them. We bought some asparagus since it is in season, and I had some arborio rice (which I love), so I found a recipe - and tweaked it some of course. It is so creamy - without being totally fattening!
1 48oz box low-sodium ff chicken broth (keep heated on separate burner)
olive oil
1/2 onion - finely chopped
1 1/4 cup arborio rice
1 lemon - zested
1 bunch of asparagus, cut on a slant
juice of half of a lemon
1 T butter
1/3 cup parm cheese

Saute onion in oil. Add rice till coated in oil. Add zest to rice. Add asparagus. Add broth 1 cup at a time (and keep adding when liquid has gone away). Keep stirring until all broth is used. Add butter, lemon juice, and parm cheese. Stir and serve either as meal or side dish!

No comments: