Monday, December 25, 2006

Gingerbread Waffles

THese were phenom. I'm loving my waffle maker - my cooking tool of the YEAR!! Whoohoo - thank you to MG to helping me make my first batch - and now I've made them all year.
This will probably the last batch of 2006 - my roomie wanted to try some, so I'm freezing them for her. Eggo does not make gingerbread waffles. I looked through tons of recipes and came across this one in an old (almost as old as me) cookbook. Since adapted by someone, I did adapt it too, mainly b/c I didn't have any cloves. I ate one of these tonight - even though I was stuffed - and I served it with ff cool whip and real maple syrup. make em, and enjoy them!

Gingerbread waffles:

1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup molasses
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice (instead of cloves)
1 cup boiling water (I heated up my tea kettle)

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and molasses. Mix together dry ingredients. Add alternating water and dry ingredients. Pour into greased waffle maker according to your instructions. Cook them until steam stops rising from the maker.
Enjoy them! Makes 8-10 waffles. They freeze very well - just stick them in a baggy - into your freezer.
Hope you enjoy them Erin - in a few weeks of course.

No comments: