Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Pineapple and Chicken Salad

This is what I get for watching Public Television - no, I'm not turning into a nerd or anything, was just flipping through the cable guide on commercial and found this. The only thing I changed was I picked up honey mustard instead of dijon - it would probably have been better with dijon. But, it was good, light, and a new way to eat nappa cabbage - which I hadn't cooked with before.

Dressing
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp olive oil

Mix and set aside

Salad
1 1/2 lb head of nappa cabbage (all chopped except for core)
3 cups diced chicken (or shredded is how we did it)
4 plum tomatoes - cut lengthwise
4 scallions (green onions) - diced
1 can of pineapple chunks, drained
s/p to taste

Mix all together - pineapple and dressing put on right before you eat it.
Only 175 calories - this serves 6.

No comments: