Friday, February 08, 2008

Baked Chicken Spaghetti

I got this recipe from my dear friend Lindsay - her in-laws had been raving about it so I thought I would try it.
So easy, and creamy, and warm - you can make it halfway healthy too, like I did!

1 chicken, cooked and deboned, and cut into chunks
1 box whole wheat spaghetti noodles (cooked in broth from chicken) - till al dente
2 cans cream of chicken soup (low-sodium, lower fat if want to)
1 stick butter
2 T worcestershire sauce
s/p to taste
1 bag of 2% grated sharp cheddar cheese

Cook chicken, cook spaghetti. In large frying pan, mix rest of ingredients together, adding cheese last once chicken and soup is heated through. Mix all with the drained spaghetti noodles. Pour into a greased (pam) 9x13 pan for 1 hour at 350 (I actually cut down the heat about half way through). When it is done, top with grated cheese or cook for about 5 more minutes with bread crumbs.

It was good, I would definitely mix well so the noodles are well-coated. I would watch the salt too. But, it was good, creamy and comfort food! :) I served with steamed broccoli and angel food chocolate delight for dessert. My friend who is expecting was pleased! :) Always good to please babies in wombs! :)

No comments: