Saturday, February 02, 2008

Banana Walnut Buttermilk Pancakes

I had some buttermilk left over from a potato salad and had some bananas in the freezer - so I looked for a recipe for pancakes - since there are just days that call for breakfast for dinner! I found this on food network, looked at the reviews, and then made some adjustments. So, I think they turned out pretty good. And now I have breakfast for all week!
2 cups flour
1 3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 pinches salt
3 tbsp sugar

2 eggs
1 2/3 cup buttermilk
6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 tsp vanilla (or to taste)
2/3 cup walnuts or pecans, finely chopped
Mix dry, stir wet - mix together, add in the nuts at end

On medium high heat, use butter or spray on pan - make 1/4 cup pancakes - enjoy!

No comments: