Friday, September 19, 2008

2 Years of Food

Happy Birthday Dear Food Blog!
I can't believe its been two years. For some reason it seems much longer than that. Some people ask me how I got started with food blogging. It was all for my girls. Some of the college girls I worked with at UNC would ask for recipes. So, I just said I'd start a blog. So - there you go.
It has been a fun thing for me to do the past two years - and I hope, if you are reading this, it has been a blessing to you as well.
I don't have a fun new recipe for you this week because I've had no power now since Sunday afternoon. TS Ike came through Sunday mid-day and knocked out power here in the ville. We got it back for about 30 minutes on Tuesday when our area in the city was being worked on, but then on my block a tree came down and blew and transformer. I still don't have it back on - but blessings are being heaped on me.
So, Lord willing I will have power on next week. If I do, expect these recipes: Taco Chicken, Pumpkin Butterscotch Gingerbread Trifles and Gingersnap Cookies, Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies, some chocolate chip cookies, maybe some biscotti - who knows?!
Thanks for reading! Happy cooking! :)

No comments: