Thursday, September 18, 2008

Quaker Oatmeal to Go

Well, for the past 4 days I have had no power in my apt (minus 30 minutes when we got power then lost it again). So, I've been eating (for free thank God) at the school's cafeteria.
This morning I woke up (still no power) but eager about the prospect of milk and one of those bowls of cereal or oatmeal from Founders. To my disappointment - there was no milk in either Founders or 5th and Broadway. The cafeteria has some but with their new policies effective August 1, you can't take the food out of the establishment - and I had to be at work.
So, I was getting hungry about an hour later - I headed down to 5th and Broadway to see what they had. I got one of the subject bars to see how they were. I got the brown sugar cinnamon (which I love the plain oatmeal bowl of this). It was hard and chewy - almost fake tasting with little real flavor. I just noticed on the package it says "Tastes great warm". I don't know how much 10 seconds in the microwave will help this sad little cookie. But, you know what - it was only 50 cents, had protein in it - so it will keep me going (that and a Sprite Zero) till lunch in the cafeteria later this morning!

No comments: