Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pineapple Raisin Bran Muffins (2009.4)

I knew I would have some recipes like this. Where they are ok - but nothing spectacular. Ones I normally wouldn't put on the food blog, but this is part of my new year's resolution. So, whether they are spectacular or not - they go on the blog.
This is from the Plant City Primitive Baptist Cookbook (the church I grew up in) #2: Seasoned with Love. I definitely think the best recipes (for the most part) got in the first one. These muffins were submitted by Flo Ziglar. I remember some things about Flo: she was tall and lean with short peppery hair. She was really nice and always came to Ladies Circle.
These weren't bad, but they weren't great either. I guess they were fine as far as bran muffins go. They weren't as dark as normal bran muffins. The pineapple and raisins definitely helped these muffins make it into the ok category. i will put these in my freezer - they aren't "throw in the garbage" worthy.

Pineapple Raisin Bran Muffins
1 1/4 cup all bran cereal
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 t baking powder
2/3 cup raisins
8 oz crushed pineapple with juice (don't drain).

Let bran and milk sit for about 5 minutes - soaking together. Mix dry ingredients together. Egg butter and egg to cereal. Mix with dry. Fold in pineapple and raisins. Spoon into greased muffins tins. 400 for 16-19 minutes.
Let's hope next week's recipe turns out better than this one.

No comments: