Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Couscous and Spring Vegetables with Lemon Dressing (2009.12)

I actually really liked this recipe - but would change a few things for future makings. I think this would be great in the spring as a side dish (and even people at it as a dip tonight). Serve it with a salad or with any meat.
I got this cookbook my first year working at W-S for the holidays. I have never used it. Even though it is the Essentials of Healthful Cooking - there is no nutrition information. Oh, well.

Couscous with Vegetables
1 1/2 cup boiling water
1 cup couscous (whole wheat too)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
3 T olive oil
juice of two lemons - I would add some zest too
1/4 tsp kosher salt
pepper
1 small garlic clove - zested
1/2 cup each diced English Cuk, red pepper, green onions, frozen (thawed) tiny green peas
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley

Boil water, add couscous and salt, stir, put a lid on it, off burner - 20 minutes. Mix dressing (oil through garlic). Chop veggies and parsley. Fluff couscous with a fork and let cool. Stir all together, serve at room temp.

No comments: