Monday, March 30, 2009

Taste of Lincoln Park: John's Place

Sunday morning - in 5 inches of snow - Janel and I walked around the corner to John's Place. It seemed like a great neighborhood place where you go each wknd and see the same people order the same food.
I looked at the oatmeal (to be like Dad), but then I wanted something else. So, I ordered the pumpkin pie pancakes short stack (4.50) - 2 huge plate size pancakes with brown sugar maple pecan butter. I ate half. Had a slice of Janel's wheat bread. Ate a bite of her's. Mine was just ok - her's was worth every penny. She got an egg dish with corn tortillas, sausage, mexican cheese, peppers - so good. gotta learn how to make that!
Their omelettes were a bit high (in the 10-12$ range) but everything else on the breakfast menu was reasonably priced or cheap. And it was very quick service!

No comments: