Monday, March 23, 2009

Taste of Louisville: Red Pepper (Brownsboro)

I had heard great things about Red Pepper on Brownsboro - so I went today with Sarah to try it. Honestly for the dish I got - I wanted a vegetarian dish - I wasn't that impressed. I got the mixed vegetables in the clear sauce, side of white steamed rice, egg roll, and egg drop soup.
Egg drop soup was good. But it had some peas and carrots in it. I can see the corn egg drop soup from Charlie's in CH, but I wasn't feeling the peas and carrots. It was good though - I ate less than half.
The rice had no flavor whatsoever.
The vegetables were almost the same way. I think I'll go for something else next time. Sarah had the mongolian beef and it was excellent.
The egg roll (ate half) was probably the best because of the outside - not necessarily the filling.
All for under 6$ - good price. My fortune cookie was excellent too - probably the best packaged cookie at a Chinese restaurant I've had.
I'll go back - but I'll try something else before I make my final decision.

No comments: