Thursday, May 07, 2009

Hershey's Cinnamon Applesauce Cake

I got a new cookbook yesterday - and I couldn't wait to test it out. So, I made this cake for one of my friends to give to someone! :) It is Hershey's 3-in-1 cookbook. This is a sweet cinnamon cake. I left out the pecans - you never know with people and nuts!

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup applesauce
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cup ap flour
1 2/3 cup cinnamon chips
1 cup chopped pecans if you want

Cream sugar and butter, add eggs and vanilla. Then applesauce. Slowly add in the ingredients. Fold in the chips and nuts (if you are using nuts).
I am currently baking mine in a fluted tube pan, at 350, for 45-50 minutes or until done (greased and floured of course). Then invert it to cool. When ready to serve - sprinkle with powdered sugar or glaze (10x sugar mixed with milk or water).
Yum! I love cinnamon!

No comments: