Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Taste of Raleigh: The Flying Biscuit








My friend and former hairstylist, Casey, recommended a great place for breakfast in Cameron Village...The Flying Biscuit. Now, usually I don't like chains, but this one is unique enough and a small enough chain - I loved it. It is in Cameron Village off Oberlin/Peace/Clark in downtown Raleigh.
Their biscuits are huge - so Dad and I split one and took one back to the hotel for Mom. They came with this cran apple butter - so good.
I had the Hollywood omelette - egg whites, basic, spinach, mushrooms, goat cheese, parm cheese, and cheddar cheese. So delicious. My side was a bowl of fruit - so glad it wasn't all melon. Good mix. I also had the ice chai tea - so good, even better than my drink I got at Caribou on Sunday.
Dad got the Piedmont omelette. His looked great. And the grits. They were the best restaurant grits I have ever had! Dad also got a coffee and raved about it - he loves his coffee!
The service was great, quick service too, loved the decor.

No comments: