Saturday, December 15, 2007

Panettone French Toast

Some of you might not even know what Panettone is: you can either go here to the W-S site (but I got mine in a little individual box from Whole Foods) or you can go here to a new food www I found yesterday. It is sort of a bread fruit cake.
Well, as I started out my baking day today - I had to have a fun breakfast. So, I made french toast for the first time and used Panettone. There were three small round circles. The egg mixture was 2 eggs, 1/3 cup milk, vanilla, cinnamon, tsp sugar. Or there about.
First one came out not done enough, second one came out a bit too done, but better than the first, the third came out pretty good. I thought it was supposed to be a little stiffer in the middle - I don't know if I did something wrong of it that is how French toast is supposed to be. I will definitely be making this again and I'll read up on it and how to make it better.
Now onto white chicken chili, bread, and gingerbread men - and it is a "white" day out there - now just raining, but we have a little snow on the ground. And I don't have to be anywhere today - how fun is that!

No comments: