Monday, August 04, 2008

"Blondies" Do Have More Fun

I am a brunette, and the girl I am making for is a brunette - but these blondies are amazing. I've never made them - but after tonight - they will become a staple. I don't particularly love brownies - I mean they are good, but I can pass. I can rarely pass up a homemade chocolate chip cookie. These are a mix.
This is a Better Homes and Garden recipe. Not too time consuming and are incredible. It almost takes like you are eating a piece of caramel and chocolate - which I love both! :)

2 cups brown sugar (packed)
10 2/3 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup ss chocolate chips

350, greased.
heat (on about 3) brown sugar and butter till smooth. Make sure it doesn't burn. It doesn't take very long, but it is mind-consuming. Let it cool. Add vanilla and eggs (one at a time). Add the dry ingredients. Pour into a 13x9 prepared pan. Cover with 1 cup chocolate chips. Bake for 40-45 minutes until done. Cut and enjoy! :0
WOW!

1 comment:

Summer O. said...

I am SOOOO looking forward to making these!!!

Thanks Kim....keep em coming girl!!!

HUGS!!!