Monday, December 31, 2007

OREOS - what a way to end 2007!


I think one of most perfect foods is an Oreo. I know most of you are thinking - are you crazy? But, really how can you go wrong? I like the plain old oreo - no double stuff, or funky colored cream, or vanilla cookie part. Just an oreo.

Got this from wikipedia:

Over 490 billion OREO cookies have been sold since they were first introduced, making them the best selling cookie of the 20th century. Its most recent packaging slogan is "Milk's Favorite Cookie", which is a slight change from "America's Favorite Cookie."

But, tonight - we made it better. Thanks to some friends - I had my first whack at making funnel cakes, or elephant ears, or fried dough - or whatever you wanna call them. And following through on one of Shane's ideas - we made batter dipped oreos. Oh goodness...they are so yummy! Really - an improvement on the oreo - can you believe it?

So, I'm ending another year. It was a good night of food and friends. Thank you Chris, Rebecca, Jonah, and Shane. Happy cooking in 2008!

No comments: