Monday, August 24, 2009

Oats Week Challenge

Well, yesterday I finished up a week of eating oats for the Nourishing Gourmet's challenge. She posted it to save money, and eat healthy. Good option for both!
Here is how I served up my oats each morning for breakfast: (basic was 1/2 cup rolled oats with 3/4 cup of water cooked for 1.40 min in the microwave, except for the one eaten at a restaurant)
Monday - fresh (frozen) Huber's blueberries I picked in July, splash of milk, 10 mini meringues from Trader Joes.
Tuesday - 1/2 pear, chopped walnuts, milk, meringues
Wednesday - 2 T Rachel's blueberry pomegranite yogurt, blueberries, meringues
Thursday - blueberries, dried strawberries, meringues, milk
Friday - 1/2 c diced mangos, meringues, cinnamon, milk
Saturday - Cracker Barrel - fried apples.
Sunday - my fave of the whole week - sliced banana, 1 T homemade strawberry jam, splash of milk - so yummy!
So, yes it was cheap. Definitely better on a cool morning. Healthy.

No comments: