Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Taste of Cleveland and Chattanooga: Rembrandts, Jenkins, and Perkits









I had a great mini-vacation last weekend. I went to a growing-favorite place of mine, E. TN. I hit Murfreesboro for hangout time with my friend. Friday, I started out the rainy day real early in Chattanooga at Rembrandts - a little artsy coffee shop. All of their food looked amazing! I got a meringue twist with dark chocolate.
Then I made my way to Cleveland, TN to hang out with another friend from high school. She took me to this really old local deli and restaurant. Great decor, cheap food, "where everybody knows your name". What more could you want - and it was really tasty. We got the frickled pickles to start - yummy tang of the vinegar-y pickles fried, dipped in ranch dressing. Then I got the blackened catfish sandwich with broccoli. Yum! Great fish, moist, and the blackened seasoning was just enough!
Then we went to Perkits - a local place like TCBY. It was packed out for a Friday night. We took ours to go as we walked the Greenway. I got the ff vanilla softserve with fresh blackberries. Yum!
I love local food when going to cities.

No comments: