Wednesday, December 06, 2006

George's - Worth the second try

Well, I went to George's Garage today in the 9th Street district of Durham. The last time I went there was for appetizers. Didn't care for those at all, so I could have cared less about going there again. But, I had heard better things about their market for lunch, so MG and I went there today for lunch. What a trip!
We split the Grilled Rosemary Chicken Sandwich - flatter bread, shaved grilled chicken, provolone, spicy mustard, lettuce, tomato - soft soft bread - it was delicious!
Hummus - now I am a fan of hummus, but after the stuff at Elmo's I was a little turned off from store bought hummus. Their's is perfect: fresh, great olive oil, just the right amt of garlic, nothing weird in it - just plain hummus. Crispy baked pita chips to go with it.
What a fantastic lunch - and of course the company nor the price was bad either! :)

No comments: