Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Mark Tachman - 411

Yeah! MG and I did our cooking class. We had fun.
We spent the evening with Mark - the pastry chef from 411 in Chapel Hill. It is her hubby's fave restaurant and who can go wrong with chocolate.
We watched him make several things.
Chocolate Espresso Creme Brulee - not as hard as I thought they would be, but I sent mine home with MG to give to Chris because I don't like coffee. She even said it was strong in the coffee taste.
Fudge Chocolate Chip cookies - just a great chocolate cooke recipe - very spongy and chocolaty and good. We made them into ice cream sandwiches - homemade ice cream out of his creme anglaise recipe (oh my goodness, rich and good)
Crispy Chocolate Cakes - chocolate cake wrapped in phyllo dough and baked -also had chocolate chips in the middle. yummy! I liked the crispiness of it.
My fave was the ever so rich almost flourless chocolate cake. It was so dense and amazing. I'm glad we only got a small slice! :)
Yummy - I'm going to definitely try these!

No comments: