Saturday, November 01, 2008

Caramel Apple Pecan Crisp

I love caramel and apples together - but I don't like caramel apples - odd, I know. So, today I took a regular plain Betty Crocker recipe and made it my own. I loved it. The big pan is going to my pastor's house who just welcomed Sophie Grace into the world.

Caramel Apple Pecan Crisp (9x13 pan)

6 medium golden delicious apples, peeled, cored, sliced
1/2 cup white sugar
2 T flour
1/2 cup scant brown sugar
1/3 cup cinnamon chips (or ground cinnamon) - I got mine from King Arthur - but I know Hershey's makes them too (just hard to find
1 cup flour
1 cup oats
1 cup brown sugar
10 T butter, chopped
1/2 cup (2 palm fulls) of chopped pecans

Grease 9x13 pan. Toss apples with ingredients up to and including cinnamon chips. Pour in pan. Crumble the rest (save pecans) together and sprinkle on top. Bake at 350 uncovered for 25 minutes. Add pecans to the top and bake for another 7-10 minutes, be careful not to let pecans burn.
I loved this! :) I'm glad the rest of it is going away so I don't eat it all! :)

1 comment:

KAF Customer Service said...

Thanks for sharing your version of this recipe. It looks delicious. Glad to hear you enjoy the cinnamon mini chips. They have such a nice flavor and great texture. If you want more crunch, try the cinnamon Flav-R bites. Yum!
Happy Baking!
MaryJane @ King Arthur Flour