Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Creamy Crumble Pumpkin Muffins

I have been wanting to make these for a while since I saw them on my google reader - finally made them for small group tonight (with leftovers for the office). This makes a ton of muffins. I made 24 and still had batter left over. They weren't as "cheesecakey" as I thought they were going to be - but everyone said they were good. So...here you go...

3 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, soda
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 cups canned pumpkin (1 1/4 cans)
1 1/4 cup canola oil

6 ounces softened cream cheese
3 T sugar
2 T heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla

1 cup flour
3 T brown sugar
2 T sugar
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
6 T unsalted butter, melted

350. Mix batter. Spray 24 muffin tins - fill 3/4 full. Mix cream cheese batter and put 1-2 tsp on top, stir in with a butter knife. Mix crumble topping and sprinkle generously on top. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Enjoy!

2 comments:

kd said...

I made these again tody with a few changes.
1. I halved the recipe
2. I increased the cream cheese a bit to 3 1/2 T.
3. I added chopped pecans to the streusel topping.

Much better. Always tweak your recipes till they are just how you want them. We'll see what others think today.

L said...

These turned out perfectly! I made them for small group. Thanks a bunch Kim!
Love You!
Laura McDougald :)