Saturday, September 26, 2009

Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins - Updated

I found a new healthy blog tonight. This recipe came from here. I made a slight change. Posted here with my changes.

1 cup flour
1 cup oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/4 pumpkin PIE mix in a can
1 egg
1 T applesauce (instead of oil)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup raisins
scant 1/4 cup diced walnuts

Mix all together. Fold in nuts and raisins. Bake at 375 for 17 minutes. In greased muffin tins. I got 10 muffins out of these. Don't overcook.
181 calories, 3 fat, 4.4 fiber
Update: I had one of these for lunch today. It was very moist, chewy, filling, and so yummy! I cut it in half and spread some Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter (PB and Co so yummy). Definitely make these for company coming or just for breakfast or for a healthy filling snack before a run or something.

Enjoy this fall treat!

No comments: