Sunday, June 22, 2008

Curry Chicken Salad

I have a lot of diced chicken to use up, so this is one of the recipes I printed out a long time ago and finally decided to use. It was real good. I like the golden raisins in rather than the regular raisins and the recipe calls for. Just for color purposes.

Curry Chicken Salad
(scant) 1/2 cup low fat mayo
2 tsp curry powder
4 tsp water
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1 apple (I used a pink lady), diced
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup golden raisins

Mix mayo, curry and water - mix with the rest. I didn't put any salt in mine (as the recipe called for). My chicken had salt in it when cooked and I can always add it to the salad when I eat it. It will be served with either a whole wheat pita or on top of some mixed greens I have. The curry added just a bit of kick to the chicken salad.

No comments: