Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jack Corn Casserole

There are so many corn casseroles, puddings, souffles, etc out there - that it is often hard to choose which one. I found one in the Anastasia Cookbook. I was going to make a sweeter one, but thought that a spicier one would go better with bbq chicken. And it did. It was so good. I teased the people eating with me that really it should be called a sour cream and cheese casserole, because there was probably more of that than the corn - but oh so yummy!

Jack Corn Casserole
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup light sour cream (no reason to use the full fat, so trim a little here)
2 c corn (I used frozen corn and thawed it under hot running water, drained it well)
8 oz block monterey jack cheese - cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1/2 cup bread crumbs (I had some leftover wheat bread and I just pulsed 1 piece in a food processor and that was 1/2 cup)
salt and pepper to taste
Shredded cheddar (I use 2% sharp cheddar by Kraft, always have that in my fridge!) to top

Mix eggs and sour cream together. Stir in corn. Add the rest. Put in greased 2 quart casserole and cover and bake for (oven on 350) 35 minutes or until not jiggly. Then top with shredded cheddar cheese - however much you like. Cook uncovered until cheese is melted. Let sit about 10 minutes before diving in.
Yummy!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Sounds amazing! What is the Anastasia Cookbook? Is it sold in stores?