Monday, June 30, 2008

Fantabulous Strawberry Pie


About 5 years ago I tasted an incredible strawberry pie made by this girl - and I loved it. Even after all these years I remember this pie. Yes, I love Tonya for more than her pie - but this pie is one of her specialties! Thankfully she shared the recipe with me, and now I, with you.


Strawberry Pie
1 frozen deep dish pie shell (cooked according to directions)
1 lb strawberries, cleaned, hulled, and sliced
1 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
2 T corn starch
1 regular pkg strawberry jello (NOT sugar free)
Cool whip
Bake shell according to directions. Let cool. Prepare strawberries. Mix water and cornstarch, and heat on low with sugar until heated, thickened, and transparant. Take off heat and add in jello. Let cool in fridge for 15 minutes. Add berries to pie shell. Once filling is cooled pour on top. Then let chill (I allowed overnight). Eat with your fave cool whip!
Amazing strawberry flavor! :) Thanks Tonya! Its amazing! I loved it!

No comments: