Saturday, July 12, 2008

Asian Green Beans

I love having a well-stocked kitchen. Today it really came in handy. After meeting with a nutrionist, I found out I'm not really supposed to eat carbs at night. So, I was going to have a pork chop that I had marinated in a light asian dressing. So, I went to www.myrecipes.com to find a side dish. And I found it - I just cut down the portions. And the only thing I needed to get at the store was the green beans because they needed to be fresh. And, my Dad wouldn't have liked these. They were al dente and had ginger (sorry), but Mom, I finally used that oyster sauce - and Sarah - I bought it in Chang Mai (or somewhere over there near the airport in that grocery store we were in).

1/2 lb green beans
1 T sesame oil
1 green onion
1 inch ginger, grated
1 garlic clove, grated
1 1/2 tsp oyster sauce
1/2 roasted red pepper
black pepper
slivered almonds

Boil green beans until desired doneness, drain, set aside. In a saute pan, heat sesame oil, add the onion, ginger, and garlic. Saute for about a minute. Add green beans, oyster sauce, and roasted red pepper. Saute till heated through (on medium heat b/c the oyster sauce will stick). Serve with freshly grated black pepper and some almonds.
I really felt like I had just ordered them off a menu - the way they looked! :)

No comments: