Friday, July 18, 2008

More work on Chocolate Chip cookies

Well, every blog I have been reading seems to be talking about chocolate chip cookies these days. You really start to get sick of them. But, you take little tidbits out of each one and then slowly start to work on your own recipe. I've seen recipes from the NYTimes, from Alton Brown, from Nestle, etc. They all seem to have something different about them.
Well, last night I was making some to take with me to TN this weekend for some friends, and I thought I would try my regular chewy recipe which I really love and change somethings.
So, here is the recipe as of a couple weeks ago. This time I did these things differently:
1/2 cup + 2 T of bread flour (then only 1 cup of regular flour)
1/2 cup each of mini baking m&ms, dark chips, semi-sweet chips
let the dough rest for about 3-4 hours in the fridge (this makes for even coloring, or so I've read)

These cookies kept their form, stayed puffy and chewy. Almost seemed like it had a crispy skin protecting chewy goodness. I really liked it - and the color from the mini m&ms.
These made about 25 cookies - and I baked them for 11-14 minutes on a lightly greased cooking sheet at 350.

No comments: