Saturday, July 26, 2008

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

I love hummus! :) I came to love it when I was in seminary and Sarah made it for me. Then I had George's in Durham (dtown) - man, there is none better. But, I don't live in Durham anymore, so I have to experiment. Usually, though - I like to stick to plain old regular chickpea hummus. But, today - I went a little crazy!
This was amazing!

1 can chickpeas
1/4 cup water
juice of one large lemon
1 red pepper (roasted for 20 minutes with a tad bit of olive oil, salt, at 450), cooled
salt
olive oil
1/4 cup tahini
2 cloves garlic
This has the freshness of the lemon, kick of the garlic, sweetness and color of the roasted red pepper, - oh goodness - so good.
You just have to play with the water, olive oil, and salt levels - to whatever thickness and texture that you want in your hummus!
I'll be enjoying this during the week with pitas, boiled chicken, veggies. :)

No comments: