Monday, October 06, 2008

Almond Cheesecake Bars



My friend Brandi likes cheesecake, so today for our lunch (yummy chili, thanks B) I made these for our dessert. I found them on a food blog, and tweaked slightly. They turned out very yummy and were all gone from the plate by the end of the day.
1 cup ap flour
1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
6 T unsalted butter, softened
2 pinches salt
8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg, room temperature
4 T amaretto, or almond extract
1/2 tsp vanilla
4 T whole natural almonds, chopped

Blend first four ingredient, coursely. Take out 3/4 cup to save for topping. Press into greased and foiled 8x8 pan. Mix cream cheese mixture till all smooth. Chop almonds and combine with the rest of the topping - sprinkle on top. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Let cool completely. Cut into about 24 bars or so - however big you want them.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Mmmmm...these were soooo delicious! Almost gone too! :) Thanks for making them, Kim!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Brandi, these look delicious and I bet they tasted great. Can I post this recipe on http://www.cheesecake-recipes.org