Monday, October 20, 2008

Apple Pecan Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze




Yes - it is fall! And with fall comes baking with apples. I love it! Dad asked me to make something for the church dinner we were going to on Sunday, so I had everything on hand to make this cake - and I had a great food prep person here to help (Mom). I think I'll make this again for something I am going to on Thursday.
1 1/2 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 eggs
3 cups ap flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups finely diced golden delicious apples, peeled
1 cup chopped pecans

First three, then eggs one at a time, then vanilla, then the dry, fold in apples and nuts. 325 for about 80 minutes in a flour and greased bundt pan. Let cool and sit for 2 days (preferred).
Brown Sugar Glaze
1/3 cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup light whipping cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
Heat all but vanilla over low heat till smooth, then add vanilla. Pour over cake. Serve with cool whip and a touch of cinnamon, maybe a dried apple ring for garnish...Cut with serrated knife.

No comments: