Monday, October 06, 2008

Taste of Fall: Roasted Butternut Squash



First time for everything right? Well, immediately after these came out of the oven, I phoned my parentals and told them everybody needs to be forced to eat roasted butternut squash. It was so healthy and good for me - got a work out in preparing it - and yummy!

1 butternut squash
olive oil
s/p
rosemary

Peel with vegie peeler. Cut in half, scoop out. Cut into chunks. Heat oven to 425 and put squash in shallow pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season well. Cook for 13 minutes and stir them. Cook for another 15 minutes - perfect!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I was introduced to butternut squash in Botswana 2 years ago and LOVE it! My favorite way to make it has been very similar to mashed potatoes. No milk needed (great for those who are lactose intolerant), just salt and butter to taste. Thanks for another way to prepare!

In Definition said...

this looks amazing!!!