Thursday, February 12, 2009

Foster's Chunky Chewy Oatmeal Cookies

One of the recipes I made this weekend were these great cookies from Foster's Market Cookbook. I still liked them days after I baked them. Had a great chew. People enjoyed them. The only thing I would say would maybe lessen the nutmeg and add more cinnamon, but they were good the way they were too. Tons of raisins in them!

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
4 cups rolled oats
1 tsp soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon (I add the 1/2 from the original recipe)
1/4 tsp nutmeg (this I lowered from 1/2)
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups raisins (I used dark because of the color contrast)

Cream, add flour and dry, fold in oats, fold in raisins. Bake on lightly greased, 12-14 minutes, 350 degrees.
Makes 2 dozen big cookies

No comments: