Sunday, February 22, 2009

Rachael Ray's Winter Vegetable Stew (2009.7)

Rachael Ray is ok - definitely not my favorite. This soup is an example of that. I got this cookbook from my mentor, Phyllis. It is Rachael Ray 30 Minute Meals 2. This is the winter vegetable stew (p. 112). Its ok - especially since it is going to be a cool week and I am really wanting vegetables. I added the broth, white blush wine, and some cut up roasted turkey breast. Everything else is almost the same...

Olive oil
3 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
1 onion, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped and quartered
16 oz mushrooms
1 14 oz can fire roasted tomatoes (she had 2 cans of regular tomatoes)
1 cup homemade chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp rosemary
1 cup chopped roasted turkey breast

Saute, heat vegetables through with broth and wine, add turkey and seasonings, simmer for about 15 minutes. Enjoy.

No comments: