Saturday, February 07, 2009

Menu Week: February 9

This week is really busy, but most of it includes cooking - so it should be fun!
Monday - I am the RA where I live, so we are having our spring get-together. I'm using 2 cider mixes to make some Apple Cider. I just got the Foster's Market Cookbook in the mail so I am making three cookie recipes from the book: Chunky Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chip, and Oatmeal Raisin. Looking forward to seeing how the cookies turn out and getting the leftovers out of my house. My meals today will be lentil butternut squash soup and an egg white omelet with sauteed spinach and other vegetables.
Tuesday - Chicken salad for lunch and then heading to a friends' for dinner.
Wednesday - For the 2009 recipe of the week I picked out the 15 Minute Weight Watchers Cookbook. I am making a vegetarian meal of Herbed Polenta with Portabellos. For Community Group, in honor of Valentine's Day this weekend, I am making Red Velvet Cake Truffles.
Thursday - Lentil Soup and Chicken salad - I'm working in the housing office till late anyway and then will get some cardio in at night.
Friday - Lentil soup (I love leftovers) and then we are having our women's event. I am supposed to bring a sandwich - so I am making homemade pimiento cheese with some bread from Panera or Plehns.
So, for me it is a healthy eating week - I just gotta get the goodies outta my house! :)

No comments: