Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

These were pretty good - or as my friend said - "these are addicting"! I made these for a secretary breakfast we had at the school on Friday. Sara Foster came up with another winner, although I didn't toast the oats/

1 1/2 cup rolled oats ( I used them plain, not toasted)
2 1/2 cup flour
1 T powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
3 eggs
2 ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

375 - sprayed muffin tin and top. Combine dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients. Combine. Add in oats and fold together just till mixed. Fold in chips.
Bake for 25-30 minutes (I think mine was about 355 for 26 minutes in a dark muffin tin).
I enjoyed these warm, but they were good at room temperature too! The semi-sweet chips are perfect for these - glad I stuck with them even though I usually like dark!

No comments: