Monday, September 07, 2009

Menu Week: September 7

Today is Labor Day and this week will be short both by work days and travel for work (and pleasure). The mornings are cooler, but we are still in the 80s for temps. I am glad I'll be in the mtns this wknd to enjoy some great crisp fall mornings. Anyway, I digress. Here is what is on the menu this week:

Vegetable Barley soup is the recipe for the week - I threw in some cooked chicken as well - all in the crockpot
Chicken Salad - left it simple this time with mayo, dijon mustard, and grapes
Hummus and Special K crackers
Red Robin (haven't been there in so long). I think I'm doing a kids burger and side salad
Dinner out on Bardstown Road with some girls from my church on Wednesday
PBJ on the road to NC
Friday I'll hit up the NC Asheville Farmers Market for breakfast and then grab lunch somewhere on the way back.
Dinner, breakfast, and lunch on Saturday are at Ridgecrest, Lifeway's camp in NC (outside of Black Mtn).
Dinner on Saturday is with friends at Tupelo Honey Cafe, in Asheville, which was on Rachael Ray's 40$ a day.
Sunday is travel and then finish up a post-hike meal at Sonny's - YUMMY BBQ!
Looking forward to it this week. Days I eat out I have to eat really light for other meals - so lots of egg white omelettes so I don't ruin the scale this week! :)

No comments: